Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Remember these guys....?



Well, they are REUNITING! I am so excited! Yes, I know...this totally dates me. But that's ok. I was SO in love with New Kids on the Block when I was younger. I had EVERY album, knew the words to EVERY song. The walls in my room were covered floor to ceiling with posters. I had a denim jacket with pins all over it..the little and not so little round ones. I had the lunchbox (it was orange!), books....anything you could imagine, I probably had it. I loved them! They were my first "band crush" ever. And I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever been as excited about a band or artist since as I was about them. Jordan was my New Kid du jour. I loved him. Loved them all! I loved being a "Blockhead" and I wanted to move to Boston so that I could run into them! I still remember the part of town they were from.....Jamaica Plain. And WHO could forget the cartoon! I watched it EVERY week!

Their first gig as a reunited band is this Friday, April 4, on the Today Show. Of course, my tv would HAVE to pick now to die and go out on me. GRRRRR.....


This was one of my favorite songs of theirs..."Tonight" circa 1990. Video from thyfenne on YouTube.

2 Totally cool people said::

marcibun said...

Oh yeah, I remember them. I loved them too.....until I worked security detail for them in Toronto in the summer of 1990 - I hated them after that! My ears are still ringing from the screaming - LOL.

Ginger said...

Hey girl - we can be SILs! My man in Jon! LOL! (Although, rumor is that he's gay but I don't care!)