Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rudeness has no age limit

Ok, so this is just a rant. Proceed with caution...

I work at a craft store. I LOVE my job. Love, love, LOVE. I am a Front End Supervisor, which basically means that I am one of the 4 people that is pretty much in charge of the registers, other cashiers, etc., while I am there. A big part of my job is to provide customer service. Basically, that is my job. So, it is really hard for me to do MY job and provide YOU with customer service..i.e. ring up your purchases--when you are on the phone.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I find it SO VERY rude when someone is in my line, and I am waiting on them, and they are on the phone. They can't be bothered to at least ask the person to wait a few moments, or "Can I call you back?" to show me the same courtesy and attention that I am giving them. And while I will say that the majority of the people that do this are younger, there are older ones that do it too. It drives me NUTS. Batty. BONKERS. There is just no reason for rudeness, and I think that is one of the top most rude things you can do.

Ok. I feel better.

0 Totally cool people said::