Friday, October 30, 2009

I feel like Dorothy...

....You know the part where Dorothy is the house and the house is in the middle of the tornado and Dorothy looks out the window and everything is topsy turvy and flying around?

Totally my life right now.

Last week My Sweet Boy FINALLY had the long-awaited surgery. It went pretty quick. Thankfully we had an AWESOME doctor (Dr. O, as we call him because we can't say his last name) is wonderful. He came to talk to us after and said that everything went well and it wasn't as bad as we were all originally thinking. We had to check in at Primary Children's at 9:45 on surgery day and we were gone by about 2:30. Sweet Boy is recovering very well. He has been home all this week though because he IS SICK! Down with the sickies! Poo on them!

Sweet Girl is doing well too. She has been home quite a bit lately as well due to the sickies, but she managed to go back to school yesterday and today. She didn't want to miss Halloween at school.

Hubby is just plugging along at work. They are getting ready to change over from Albertson's to Associated Foods. This has been several months in the making and I for one will be glad when it is all over. That will mean that all the indecision and rumors and wondering if his job is secure will be over too.

And then we have me. Where to begin? I don't know if I have a job anymore, for one. Without going into too much detail yet, I did something that I honestly didn't know would be going against policy and now I am on suspension until further notice. I fully do not expect to have a job when it is all over.

I keep trying to keep a positive outlook on it. It is hard, because we really needed my income as well as hubby's to just even stay afloat. With the holidays coming, the economy....it's a bad time to be out of work. And I had a GREAT job. I loved my job, I loved the people I worked with....

I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and I keep telling myself there was a reason this all happened. I think there was something else I am supposed to be doing, and I couldn't do it as long as I was working. I think Heavenly Father knew that, and He knew that I would never willingly quit my job. So He made it so I had no choice. As of right now, I don't have any concrete ideas of what that may be, but I have a few ideas.

I am sure that I can find some answers on the yellow brick road. Now I just have to find it.

1 Totally cool people said::

Jody and Lacey said...

I am so glad that your sons surgery went well. I have been thinking about you like crazy!

I am sorry about your job. Having things like that thrown into your already crazy life is not easy I'm sure. Please let me know if you need anything! Your cute family is in my prayers.