Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Montana, Sandwich Girl, 3 Years, and 3 Weeks (About)

So about a month and half ago, the kids and I loaded up and headed to Montana (the day after school got out!) As some may know, I had REALLY been looking forward to coming to Montana to see my family. I really really REALLY needed to come see my family, my mom especially. It had been about a year and a half (give or take a few weeks) since I had last seen her and I desperately needed some family time. I love Randon's family so much...they are amazing and so good....but it's not the same as being around MY family.

Everytime I cross that Montana State Line it's like a huge feeling of coming home. That's how I knew that Logan was the place for us...I felt the same going into Cache Valley as I do when I see that Montana sign

.

At the risk of sounding prosaic, Montana is so much a part of me and who I am.  I like to say that I was Illinois born but Montana bred.   I have greatly enjoyed the time we have spent here and spending time with my mom.  We have gotten to see my sister's kids, which was nice, because we haven't gotten to see them for over 2 years and haven't gotten to talk to them for about a year. 

While I have been here I have been working at my mom's work, just making sandwiches and picking up the occasional cleaning shift.  It's been nice because Randon  hasn't had to send us any money for stuff and it is nice to have a little bit of money to help my mom out with groceries and stuff.  One of the other gals there said to me one day "I don't know your name so I'll just call you Sandwich Girl."  I said that works for me.

On July 6 we passed the anniversary (deathiversary?) of my dad's passing.  I can't believe that it's been three years!  It does get easier with time, but it's been a long hard road to get to a point where I am not crying all the time.  I still miss him so much, but I know that he is happy where he is at.

And now, we are almost to the point where we will be going home in about 3 weeks!  I can't believe it's almost time for us to go home already!  The kids will start school about 4 days after we get home.  There's a part of me that is really glad that I planned it that way, but at the same time I am kicking myself that I planned it that way.  Oh well.


1 Totally cool people said::

Paula & Skip said...

You are very fortunate being so rooted in your family. Wonder how that feels as I never have had that. Well, Angela, I chekced my blog as u ask me to do at BF, yet I didint get it. Maybe it is still to early in the morning...
Anyway that is how I found your blog and I wish you a very happy family time.