Thursday, March 8, 2007

dunt dunt dunt...Another one bites the dust....

Well, our car is dying. To be more exact, it is almost dead. We had a small oil leak. I had honestly forgotten about the oil leak until the car started making noise. So I had the small oil leak fixed. Took about 10 minutes and $15 bucks. Not bad. So when the guy was putting in the small oil leak part, he found a big oil leak. Apparently the rear main seal is busted and the only way to fix this particular leak is to pull the engine out. So I add all this stuff the guy tells me will help it....doesn't help it. And in the meantime we are adding about three quarts of oil A DAY, at least. I have bought more oil in the last two weeks than I have in my entire life. You can tell where we have been in our car because there is an oil trail that follows us. We have to put a quart in when we leave the house. If we go to the store we have to put a quart in when we come out. It's getting really old and expensive.

1 Totally cool people said::

Kelly said...

Oh no! That is definitely NOT good! My car is a beater, lol, so I know what it's like to have a trail of something or other following you :O Hope its inexpensive to fix....