Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The CHRISTmas Spirit is alive and well.

We really have been blessed as of late.

And I would be remiss if I didn't thank some people.

I really REALLY doubt they read my blog, but maybe, if someone does, they can pass it along as I am doing.

A few weeks ago we had a water pipe break right outside our house. According to the city, it was our problem to fix. (I honestly don't see HOW it is our problem, as it is on city owned property, but our property borders it. Anyway, long story.) The water leak has caused a major ice slick on the road beside our house. The city has been harassing us about it and threatening, etc. We are trying to get the problem taken care of, but 1. It takes money and 2. We can't do anything if the plumber won't call us back.

So last night we had a visit from or neighbor who also happens to go to the same church we do. He is the branch presidency. He said that a good member of the branch gave a an envelope of money for us for Christmas. In the envelope was $100. That makes $300 that good people have given to us. So much to be thankful for.

One of the branch members owns a toy business. He and his family have decided that they want to play "Santa Claus" for our children. We tried to tell them that it wasn't necessary, but they want to do it. That is how they want to serve others this blessed Holiday season. Again, so much to be thankful for.

And then, also last night, when we were talking to our neighbor, he dropped a bombshell that had me in tears. Another good member of our branch family went to him and offered $1000.00 of his own money to help us get this water situation fixed. $1000.00. Again, so VERY much to be grateful for.

I know that someday, maybe not soon, but someday, we will be in a position to help others as we have been helped. Until then, I will continue to do little acts of service as I can. But I can't wait for the day when I can say to someone, "Here, let me ease this big burden that you have been carrying."

0 Totally cool people said::