Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to Sunny St. George!!

Well, we have made it to Utah! We have been here a few weeks but it has taken this long to get mostly settled in. It's nice to be back, but it's sad too. Kinda bittersweet. I miss my house in MT...yes, I know it was just a house...but it's also something that is very hard to replace. It will likely be YEARS before we are ever able to have another home of our own...one that has one family living in the building, a yard...etc. If it can ever happen again. While home prices are going down, they are still ridiculously expensive here and will honestly probably never get down to where we can afford to buy a home. I miss my family and my fur babies. I hope their new families are taking care of them and loving them like we did.

Hubby has started his job and seems to like it. He says it is different (alot BIGGER!) but he likes it. I was able to get my old job back at Michaels and will start there soon. I will only be working mornings so hubby can get his 40 hours a week. I could work more (I know they could use me more) but there is no way we could afford daycare, and his boss says the ONLY way he can get 40 hours is for him to work the schedule he is. So just mornings for me, which is ok.

The nine month anniversary of my dad's death has passed. As usual, it was a hard day. His birthday is coming up the end of March. He would be 51. I still miss him so much. Sometimes it hurts to breathe from the grief...

2 Totally cool people said::

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great...That's good! Congrats on getting your old job back. How are the two little ones adjusting? OK? Post some recent pics of the family! Love Cush

Ginnifer said...

I know it's a little late, but Welcome back to Sunny St. George!