Monday, August 17, 2009

Serious Update Time

So. I've been a slacker. So this might be a long one.

August 5th my honey and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. All I can say is that some days, it feels like 100. :) Even though we have had our ups and downs, he has stuck through it all with me. He puts up with my tempers and my changeable moods, gets mad on my behalf, and is an all around great guy. I love you Honey!

August 7 we went to Lagoon with my honey's (ours, really) family. His sis and her kids, his brother and his wife and kids, and his mom and dad. Little Miss had desperately wanted to go there for her birthday, but we just didn't have the money. Grandpa surprised us with a trip there. Since it was a few days before Little Miss' b-day...it was kinda for that, but mainly for all the family that could to get together. Little Miss almost DIED on the Sky Coaster thing....the one like ski lifts that goes over the park. Well, to this Momma it was almost dying. Me and Mr. got on first while Hubby and our nephew were riding Wicked. So me and Mr. got on first, and my sis in law was getting on next with her Little Darling and my Little Miss. Next thing I hear is my father in law yelling "HEY HEY HEY!" and I look back to see Little Miss DANGLING about 6 feet off the ground and my SIL trying to pull her in and trying to keep her daughter from falling out. Little Miss didn't quite make it in and the thing just kept going and the girls that run the ride weren't paying ANY attention at all until my mother in law yelled at them to pay attention! It was very scary. I wrote a strongly worded letter to Lagoon and have not as yet heard back from them. Someone apparently in management told my mother in law that Lagoon has more complaints and lawsuits over that ride than any other. HELLO!!!!

August 9 was Little Miss' 6th b-day. She is growing up so fast. Going to be in 1st grade....I can't believe it. She is my sweet sweet girl. I can't imagine my life without her. There are many times that she tries my patience, to put it mildly. I love her SO much. (On a side note, 6 years ago today, when Little Miss was 8 days old, I had to have emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed. I don't recommend it.)

School starts here in 1 week! HOORAY! I can't wait for the kids to get back into school, get into a routine. This summer we have had lots of fun and managed to do several things that were on our list, but I am glad it's over. It will be nice to have the house to just us during the day so we can actually maybe get some things done. I will miss them during the day, but it will be good for them and me. I don't think my sanity could take much more summer!

Mr. will have to go in for surgery at some point within the next few weeks, I am sure. (This post tells more about it.) Last Thursday we went in to the urologist so that we could get this taken care of, and it is so much worse than I even thought originally. The doctor couldn't find anything AT ALL, and said that according to the ultrasound we had in St. George that they weren't showing anything either. So this means that very possibly his testes are still up in his abdomen and that he had never fully developed that area when I was expecting him. This means a MUCH more invasive surgery and recuperation time. They may have to pretty much open up his stomach to see where they are at and then pull them down if they can. His chances for having children are still very low, if he can have them at all, and chances for cancer are still very high. We have been referred to Primary Childrens Hospital in SLC for this. The urologist here doesn't feel comfortable doing surgery on him when he can't even FEEL them to begin with. So we will see. Right now, too many prayers could never be enough.

And finally, one last thing...my brother in law has had 2 cd's published? (is that the right word?) with Covenant Communications, and we are SO very proud of him. The first one, called "Thou Shalt be Nice!" can be gotten here.



His 2nd CD, called "Real Life", can be purchased here.




Go buy them both right now! :)


0 Totally cool people said::