Monday, February 8, 2010

1 Step Forward, 10 Steps Back

I can't believe that we are already into the 2nd week of February. Time flies when you are having fun, I guess. Except we haven't been having much fun.

The last few weeks have been VERY difficult for me personally. In addition to "friend" troubles, I have been having a hard time emotionally, mentally, and every other -ly you can think of.

I car FINALLY keeled over and died. We knew it was coming, but we were REALLY hoping that it would last a little bit longer. And this is, of course, AFTER we have put money that we didn't really have to waste into it. But we didn't really have a choice....we have to have a car and it's our only one. Thankfully, a friend had an extra car they weren't using and offered to let us use it. We are so very grateful for the use of their car. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.

We were able to get our taxes done and were really looking forward to paying off some bills and putting a down payment down on another vehicle, but then we were told that we would not be getting a tax return this year. I just cried. That was money we DESPERATELY needed, and now we aren't getting it. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.

I have also been looking for another job the last while, because even though I don't really WANT to work, I NEED to. Just in order for us to get by, we both have to work. I don't MIND working, especially now that my kids are a little older. But I have been trying to concentrate on other stuff and it would be hard to concentrate on those things if I am working. If my kids were still tiny and not in school, there would be no question. I would be at home, or, at the very least, I would be working a totally opposite schedule than my husband. However, he works in the middle of the day till evening, not leaving much room for variation. But it works for him and he likes it, so I wouldn't ask him to try and change. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.

I think alot of my problems, why I haven't been feeling so great lately, is that I haven't been out of Cache Valley in MONTHS. None of us have. As much as I love this valley, sometimes a change of scenery is much needed. The never-ending winter doesn't help either. I long so badly for Spring...I can't wait to dig out my flower beds and soak up the sun. To see the tulips and lilies poking their little heads out of warming the earth. The sun was shining today and it felt so good. I can't wait for spring. I really think once that happens, I will feel a lot better. No more inversion, no more gray skies, no more cold and snow and yuck.

2 Totally cool people said::

Heidi said...

I am so sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I will gladly pick you up for Girl Scouts each week if it would help.
I agree with you about winter. It is getting old. Where is spring?

Jody and Lacey said...

I'm sorry life is throwing these things at ya. Bring on spring!