Saturday, May 29, 2010

One More Week!

In one week the kids and I will be leaving to spend the summer with my mamacita. We are starting to get really excited! We will be gone for 2 months...June and July. We will be back in August. I am really excited to see my mom and there is the possibility that we will get to see my nieces and nephew and sister too. It's a much needed trip to spend some much needed time with my family.

It's been kinda funny though....we (well, Randon) has had NUMEROUS people ask him if we are having problems in our marriage because I am going to be gone for two months with the kids. Just to put EVERYONE'S minds at east...WE ARE OK! :) I just really need to see my mom and other family. In the last 2+ years I have only gotten to see my mom for a total of about 2 weeks. I just need to be able to spend some time with my family. The family I married into is absolutely wonderful, but we all know it's not the same. And since I don't have any constraints....I don't have a job, the kids will be out of school....we figured we might as well go for a visit and since it's a LONG drive....why not make it worth it?

Over the last few days The Pioneer Woman has been running one of her photo contests, "Coming Home". Every single one of the photos in this particular contest are absolutely beautiful. I have bawled over every single group that has been posted. My absolute favorite photos were 1, 2, 3, 4(the caption on this one is, to me, especially poignant.) 5, 6, 7, 8(this one makes me so sad.) 9, 10,(in this one he is meeting his six day old daughter for the first time!). And there are so many more! I could link up to every single one of them and list it as a favorite. I urge you to take a look at them all.

ETA: Group 5 was posted today. Again, some breathtaking, beautiful moments. Especially this one, this one, this one, and this one


0 Totally cool people said::