Friday, August 22, 2008

Finally, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth....

We have found a place to live in Lovely Logan. We were hoping to be in Superb Smithfield, but Lovely Logan is great too. My in-laws, wonderful people that they are, found it for us and signed a lease before we looked at it. My mother in law was so worried about that, but I told her not to worry. I was just grateful we have a place to live. It's about 2 blocks from the kids school and maybe 5 from church and almost smack dab in the middle of Michaels and Albertsons. We will be there for a year. My Sweet Boy and Darling Girl are both registered for school, and start on Monday. I can't believe my girl will be in Kindergarten! My boy will be in 2nd....my the time does fly!

Wonderful Husband has also started work and I am slated to start in a week or so. It will depend on Wonderful Husbands work schedule though, and so far his boss isn't being very helpful in that department. Oh well....he will come around. I will MAKE him see the light haha.

So far Logan seems to be a great place. We have met some wonderful neighbors already and I LOVE seeing the brown and green of the mountains...reminds me so much of my Montana home. It is a change though, from the red rock of Southern Utah, which we miss as well. St. George was home for us, but unfortunately it is not cheap to live there. But we feel like Logan can be home for us as well. The kids enjoy being able to play outside without running the risk of getting heat stroke, I can leave my windows open during the day and at night it cools off SO delightfully. We are slowly getting settled..we have been driving around a lot getting to know our new home.

I also had the opportunity this week to re-connect with a cherished, dear dear friend of mine. She was one of the bridesmaids at my wedding nine years ago, and unfortunately, due to distance and finances, haven't been able to see her in those nine years. She and her husband have recently moved to Taylorsville, and we got the chance to get together and reminisce and laugh. It was SO good to see her. My other bridesmaid is moving to South Jordan soon as well, so it will be good to see her as well.

Life is good.

2 Totally cool people said::

marcibun said...

Well, that all sounds great! My Annie started Kindergarten on Wednesday so I know how you'll be feeling about that - ;)

Enjoy your new home!

Jenn -- said...

We can't wait to come and visit!